Professor for Social Work
Universidad Industrial de Santander
Download Complete CV
As a social worker I have been interested about social processes and human rights in the daily life of human beings. During six years I worked in rural context between hard army conflicts that affected the rural Colombian population. After that I worked about childhood’s rights around of social problems such as sexual exploitation, homeless situation, and early pregnancy. In the latest years I have been working about gender, inequality and violence in rural context also in the educational system. The actual Colombian attempt to finish the army conflict imply the urgent focus in our rural reality for this reason I have decided to return at rural studies as a priority.
|Ph.D (C) in in Social Sciences||Ámsterdam University||–|
|M.Sc International Cooperation and Humanitarians Issues||Universidad International de Andalucía||2002|
|B.Sc. in Social Work||Universidad Industrial de Santander||1997|
I participate in the Social Work Program also in the Master in Human Rights. Nowadays I am Director of Master in Social Intervention.
- Rojas, Mauricio; Méndez, Raquel. (2016) “Pregnancy in Adolescents: A Quantitative Scale social reading”, Health Review, Vol. 48 No 1
- Rojas, Mauricio, Méndez, Raquel, Álvarez, Carmén. (2016) “The Role of the Family in the Normalization of the Pregnancy at an Early Age” Encounters Review 14 (1)
- Boira, Santiago; Carbajosa, Pablo, Méndez, Raquel. (2015) “Fear, Conformity and Silence, Intimate Partner Violence in Rural Areas of Ecuador” Psychosocial Intervention Review PSI-40 Madrid
- Méndez, Raquel; Rojas, Mauricio. (2014). “Gender: An Invisible but Substantive Variable in Higher education” Sophia Review No. 10 Vol. 1
- Méndez, Raquel; Rojas, Mauricio. (2012) “Strategies for the Development of Social Networks for Supporting the Promotion of Sexual and Reproductive Rights” Virtual Review, No.35.